We are looking for a Full-Time Bookkeeper. We are a growing manufacturing company in Peterborough, Ontario. This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 40 hours/wk, at a Peterborough location. We are hiring 1 candidate for this role.
Salary: $52k - $62k per year.
Why is this a great place to work?
• Excellent career growth potential for dedicated individual
• Health Benefits available after 3 month probationary period
The Accounting Professional we are looking for will be:
Professional, yet personable, in communication and not afraid to ask questions or recommend improvements. Have a strong ability to maintain professional judgment, integrity, and quality control. Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage. Comfortable with a busy paper based environment and managing the bookkeeping for multiple divisions. Effective and professional in communicating with clients, partners, and team, verbally and in writing. Committed and loyal with the desire to grow with the company. Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately
The responsibilities in this role will be:
• Full-Cycle Bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online
• Payroll Management - using QBO Payroll
• Specialized reporting for the various divisions
• Liaise with Tax Accountant and CRA representatives
• Preparation of month-end reports and assist with year-end preparation for accountant
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
• 3-5 years of Accounting and bookkeeping is required, preferably with e-commerce experience
• Experience and comfort with liaising with the Tax Accountant and CRA
• Experience with A2X, Amazon and Shopify an asset
• Experience using QuickBooks Online with QBO Payroll
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office365, with advanced abilities in Excel
• Experience with Smartsheets an asset
Additional pay: Bonus pay
Benefits: Extended Health Care
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Commute: Ability to commute to Peterborough, ON
DCS / DEC (preferred)
• QuickBooks: 3 years (preferred)
• Bookkeeping: 3 years (preferred)
• Manufacturing Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
• E-Commerce: 1 year (preferred)
Application question(s): Do we have your permission to "text" you on the number you provide on your resume?
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter for Percheron Plastic, to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank-you for your interest!
Drivers are required for occasional deliveries we have for plastic tanks/parts for clients in Ontario. You must have your own truck and trailer, as some of these tanks are too large for a truck bed, although in some cases a pickup truck bed will suffice. Delivery would be from our Peterborough location to mostly rural, sometimes urban, locations in Ontario. Our website is a good indicator of the smaller tanks you will be carrying.
This is contract work - you will need your own insurance for your vehicle. Delivery calls occur as necessary, so this would suit anyone looking for occasional work, setting your own rates.
Contact Kayla if you're interested: email@example.com
Thank-you for your interest!
Percheron Plastic is here to help. Owners Matt Tanguay and Eric Quane are experts in plastic tanks, and are happy to advise and discuss what you might need - in a guaranteed, non-pushy manner. They have decades of experience, and will make sure you're well informed.